Hello my beautiful friends,
By now you already know I love green smoothies, especially when in need of a cleanse, detox or just because I’m craving it. They are a super healthy and an easy way to increase your daily intake of greens, veggies and fruits.
Reasons to drink a green smoothie:
- Easiest way to get your daily 5 servings of vegetables and fruits.
- Promotes weight loss – as some of the ingredients might also boost your metabolism.
- It’s immune boosting, as it’s rich in vitamins, minerals and a great source of anti-oxidants.
- A great source of natural energy.
- Healthy, easy, quick (you can even take it on the go) and delicious!
I tend to switch the ingredients from time to time according to my body’s needs, but to be honest it mainly depends on what I have in hand stored in my fridge. For example if I buy broccoli one week, the following one will be spinach, then if I get eggplant in another week, the following I’ll get beetroot… and so on… (yes i do follow a color scheme for food, always something green, something purple and something red – so per week I always get at least 3 different veggies stocked in my fridge).
Below one of my favorite combos, hope you enjoy it 🙂
Green smoothie recipe:
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 or 2 pieces of broccoli
- 1 kiwi
- half banana
- 3 leaves of fresh mint
- a slice of fresh ginger
- almond milk to taste
- cinnamon to taste
Tip: *To boost the detoxifying properties of the smoothie I like to add a coffee spoon of spirulina.
Directions: Mix it all together in a blender and top with your favorite super foods!