After an insane “Leg Day” it’s normal finding yourself craving carbs! It is completely fine as carbs are macronutrients that according international guidelines should be part of an healthy diet – the healthy carbs though, not processed.
Nevertheless it is important to understand that there are different types of carbs (and I am not even speaking about processed ones here!). The amount of carbohydrates in the diet – higher or lower – is less important than the type of carbohydrate consumed.
Carbohydrates provide glucose to our bodies, which is converted into energy used to support bodily functions and physical activity.
Today something strange happened… I was craving “pasta” after my training session (which to be honest I don’t even remember the last time I had it…), so as soon as I got home I grabbed my favorite protein pasta and made an healthy souce! And…voilà!!! 🙂
Ingredients for the souce:
- A (big) handful of spinach
- Half avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 small chilli peper (to taste – I like it spicy)
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 ml of water
- Pinch of salt, black peper, red peper, cayenne peper, dried coriander (told you I like it spicy!)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix. Save it.
- Allow the pasta to boil for 5 minutes (the instructions recommend 2 but I don’t think it’s enough).
- Slice a few cherry tomatoes and place them in a frying pan. Warm them up without allowing them to cook.
- Add the pasta and the souce. Mix it all.
Super easy and delicious! 🙂
Some pictures below!