Since the MBA is over I’ve been focusing on my health and nutrition again! Even though the MBA was an amazing journey, I was absurdly exhausted after all the deadlines, workload and trips to Europe. Right now, especially with the new year just starting, I feel it’s the perfect timing to reconnect with myself, to find balance and most importantly to boost my self-confidence. In order to achieve my goals, I decided to do the Kayla Itsines programme again. I remember feeling fearless and balanced when I did it for the first time in 2015.
My standard breakfast used to be yogurt with fruit or porridge, however as I am trying to avoid dairy, I have started a quest for healthier alternatives. Kayla often recommends omelettes for breakfast as eggs are a great source of protein and healthy fat. Moreover, eggs are not only versatile but also super easy to cook.
This recipe is very easy and healthy, but I have to admit that I wasn’t the cooker 😉
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 6 eggs
- 4 mushrooms
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Half of a red onion
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Dice the mushrooms, tomatoes, and red onion and save aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and add a pitch of salt and black pepper.
- Saute the mushrooms with a little of olive oil until soft. Add the red onion and tomatoes. Stir fried
- Serve with a green leaf mix and half avocado.